Sunday, September 10, 2006
Are You Ready for Some Football?
We were -

Football season - it's the most wonderful time of the year. Sing along with me now.

It's crazy. It's fun. It's family.

I married into a football family - my husband's former family - but that's another post.

When Phil and I started dating, one of the first questions he asked me was if I liked football - and he meant "really liked football." He did not mean, "go to someone's house and socialize with the girls during the game" football. He meant "do you like football - watching the game, rooting for your hometeam, getting wet at the stadium football." Yes, I do - and I must have proved it to him. He continued dating me. And oh yeah, he married me and included in his vows on our wedding day to be my teammate. Oh, yes he did.

But I digress because there was nothing good to really write about the Chiefs first game - our home opener.

But, there was the fact that Paul, Phil's brother, was able to join us. He drove over from Ft. Riley to attend his first professional football game. And there were the chills that went up and down my arms while we sang the National Anthem as 4 fighter jets flew over the stadium... my pride swelling as I'm standing next to my brother-in-law who has served two tours in Iraq... praising God that he was standing there next to me.

It all started great, but it absolutely went down hill after that. I won't talk about it. I can't talk about it. I'll get over it.

As we always say around my house, there's always next week.

  posted at 9:16 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search