Monday, August 21, 2006
Was that a Double or a Triple?
Amy - my friend of many years - and I decided that we would try out a Step class tonight at our local community center. All set to go with my towel and water bottle, I left the house feeling like I could do this with my eyes closed. After all, I used to "sweat to the oldies" with Richard Simmons and Jazzercise like it was going out of style while I was in my 20's living with my best friend Laurie. This couldn't be that different, right? W.R.O.N.G.!! Our teacher she was good - she was moving fast - and if you couldn't keep up, you were just left out in the cold. She had those double kicks - or were they triple kicks? down pat. And it was the same with all the other "steppers" - they were mighty - they had done this before and no "newbies" were going to stop them from getting their workout in. We ended up completing all 50 minutes of the class, but we were in a daze when it was finished. Were we really this uncoordinated? Were we really feeling this "old"? After walking the track to cool ourselves down, we searched the weekly calendar for some other offered class. This may not have been the class for us, but by golly, we were going to give another class the pleasure of our uncoordinated company.

  posted at 9:21 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search