But since I'm all about the following and doing what everyone else is doing, I thought I would try this meme - with a twist.
Here I give you 7 Things About Me - The High School Edition.
- I was in a car wreck just a couple weeks after I graduated from high school. I was in the passenger seat and the drunk driver drove his car into my side. I was taken to the emergency room in an ambulance, spent 3 days in ICU and the following 4 days in a hospital room. I suffered a concussion and skull fracture and had several stitches sewn in where my head hit the windshield. I don't remember the wreck, the ambulance ride, my foul language in the emergency room (as I was told by my parents!), as well as the week that I spent in the hospital. All I can honestly remember is coming home. From the entire week, that is all I can remember. I do believe that was a gift from God.
- I have 3 best friends from high school that I still get together with at least a couple times a year, sometimes even more. We talk and talk and talk - just as if we were back in high school.
Our Graduation Party - Laurie, Melissa, Me and Teresa
- The four of us girls tried out for our senior musical - Bye Bye Birdie - and we all were in it together. It was an incredible ending to our senior year.
- My first date EVER was when I was a senior in high school. I didn't turn 16 until the end of my junior year, and my parents said I couldn't date until I was 16. My first date came early in my senior year of high school, just a few months after I turned 16. It was with a guy named Brad who drove a very nice Camaro. Unfortunately, that's about all that was memorable about Brad. He had a very nice car. He took me to the Homecoming dance. And he also took me to Ponderosa for our homecoming dinner. And he didn't buy me a corsage. I seriously think I was his first date ever also. Did I mention that he drove a very nice car for a senior in high school?
- I was not asked to my senior prom. I don't know why. Neither were some of my best friends. So we just spent the evening together talking about how glad we were not to have to go to the prom. I'm sure at the time we really weren't, and would have given anything to go to the prom. But we didn't. And I am none the worse for it. I really don't feel like I missed anything. Especially seeing all the girls who go to the prom now and invest ginormous amounts of money on their dress, hair, nails, tan, and a limo for the perfect evening. I never feel bad about not going to the prom. My perfect evening was our wedding - and that's what it's really all about.
- My best friend Laurie and I would go cruising every. single. Friday night. Without fail. And we would drive by our pretend boyfriends' houses every. single. Friday night. And what chance was it that our "boyfriends" only lived 2 streets away from each other. We would cruise down one, and then 2 streets down, cruise down the other. Then we would head out to the main drag which was just 2 streets down from there. On a tank of gas back then, we could literally get in a lot of cruising on a Friday night.
- When we had some good friends over after one of our kid's baseball games last weekend, we got to talking about playing sports as children. I never played any sports as a child or teenager in high school. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. And they also talked about how if your ring finger is longer than your index finger, it means that you are athletic. My ring finger is much longer than my index finger. Do you think I am athletic and missed out? Would I have been able to letter in tennis in high school, and didn't even know it? Or is that a myth? Could I have been the next Maria Sharapova. (Ummm probably not.)
Hope to see you do some cruisin' down the ole' memory lane. And if you do, don't forget to stop at the light and wave to me (or leave me a comment).
Labels: meme; fun