Thursday, May 17, 2007
7 Random Facts About My High School Years (circa 1981)
Floating around bloggy land right now is a meme - 7 weird things, 7 random things, 7 Any Things... you get the picture. And on my birthday, I gave you 43 Things about Me. Again - probably more than you would ever want to know.

But since I'm all about the following and doing what everyone else is doing, I thought I would try this meme - with a twist.

Here I give you 7 Things About Me - The High School Edition.
  • I was in a car wreck just a couple weeks after I graduated from high school. I was in the passenger seat and the drunk driver drove his car into my side. I was taken to the emergency room in an ambulance, spent 3 days in ICU and the following 4 days in a hospital room. I suffered a concussion and skull fracture and had several stitches sewn in where my head hit the windshield. I don't remember the wreck, the ambulance ride, my foul language in the emergency room (as I was told by my parents!), as well as the week that I spent in the hospital. All I can honestly remember is coming home. From the entire week, that is all I can remember. I do believe that was a gift from God.
  • I have 3 best friends from high school that I still get together with at least a couple times a year, sometimes even more. We talk and talk and talk - just as if we were back in high school.

Our Graduation Party - Laurie, Melissa, Me and Teresa

  • The four of us girls tried out for our senior musical - Bye Bye Birdie - and we all were in it together. It was an incredible ending to our senior year.
I had fun cruising down memory lane. How about you?

Hope to see you do some cruisin' down the ole' memory lane. And if you do, don't forget to stop at the light and wave to me (or leave me a comment).

Labels:


  posted at 1:59 PM
  Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Rach said...

First off, you are too brave to past a highschool picture. But aren't you just the cutest?! You haven't changed a bit!
Second, I NEVER knew you were in an accident and had to be hospitalized. How have we cropped so many times and never talked about a hospital story? BTW: I won't tell you how old I was in 1981.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, I just loved this post and getting to know "high school Lori"! Love the picture -- and of course, I recognized you immediately.

Like you, I went cruising every weekend -- all the money I made at my parents' ice cream store went either toward gas for the car or an iced tea so I could look cool sipping it while driving. :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Love the photo! I was into cruising (Sat nights) when I was in high school. My mom would call it a waste of time and gasoline. Thanks for sharing your memories!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this was so great! I loved the picture as well. I didn't realize you were so young in school. I turned 16 in the fall of my junior year, still younger than most.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search