Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Mother's Day Wrap-Up
(Brunch on Mother's Day at Lakewood)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day - or as I really should call it - a wonderful "Mother's Weekend." It was all about me and the family - the only way I would want it to be.

We started off our weekend with Perry's baseball game on Friday night - with the lights turned on. The boys were so excited to play with the lights on. "Just like playing in the major leagues!" And they won 27 - 3! Way to go, Comets!

Look at that batting stance!

On Saturday, we got up early to enjoy breakfast at our favorite local eatery - First Watch. After some yummy scrambled eggs and hot coffee, we ventured out to our local nursery to pick out flowers for our pots. We have 7 pots in the front and 2 pots out on the back deck that Phil lovingly plants for me every Mother's Day weekend.

It's a yearly tradition that makes me feel so special.

Even though I have to water them every. single. day. from now until eternity (or September really, but feels like eternity!)

Then Perry and Phil took me shopping at a cute little home interior store in our city's downtown area. They bought me a gift card so that I could re-do our entry table in our home. I bought 2 new lamps and a a beautiful votive display that sits on the table, and am hoping to add 2 new picture frames to the display. The decorators at the store gave me some other suggestions for the table so as soon as I have it the way I hope for it to look, I will post a pic.

And then we had an early dinner at The Bristol. What more can a mother ask for?!

Also celebrating her very first Mother's Day was my sister-in-law Cindy. She and my brother ventured out to the Lenexa festival this weekend, and guess who they saw? Our good friend KC Wolf.
I love that Ainsley made her first appearance with the Chiefs mascot at just 4 weeks old.

We also made a visit to Phil's "mom" Dodie. We give her a beautiful hanging flower basket for her front deck every year, and this one was the best ever. I'm so blessed to have her in our life.

My mom and dad are in Hilton Head enjoying the sun and beach so I didn't get to spend Mother's Day with my mother. I know they are having a great time with my aunt and uncle eating out, walking on the beach and relaxing in the sun... and that sounds like the best Mother's Day weekend to me.

Labels:


  posted at 10:41 AM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Sounds like a great mother's weekend! Thanks for sharing the photos, too!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Sounds wonderful!! And Ainsley is such a cutie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search