Monday, January 29, 2007
Six Weird Things Meme
I've seen this floating around blogville and I thought I could use a break and write something about myself instead of my son - even though he is a post in and of himself every day. I began to think about how I couldn't possibly think of six weird things about me (while my husband rolled his eyes). I know, I know, only six weird things... I guess I could come up with at least twice that. So, I'll just stick with the weirdest six.

1. I hate to use public restrooms - including the restroom on my floor at work. I'm there most every day so you'd think it would be like my own, but it's still a public bathroom, and people besides my own family use that bathroom every day. I have a constant fear that a person who comes in behind me will go into the the other stall and vomit. I don't know why, but when someone comes in while I'm in the stall, I will hurry as fast as I can so as not to have to hear or smell anything that is rotten.

2. I LOVE to parallel park. I would much rather find a parking space right in front of the store that requires parallel parking than go to a garage to park in a slanted parking space. One time a co-worker eyed a parking spot right in front of restaurant but refused to park there because she would have to parallel. I told her to get out of the car and I took over the driver's seat and parked that baby right there in front of the establishment. I wasn't going to walk any further if I didn't have to. I saw a car commercial a week ago that shows a new luxury car that will do the parallel parking for you with just the push of a button. I say "no way." That takes all the fun out of it.

3. I always wear socks to bed because my feet are just freezing as I'm getting ready for bed. But I can't sleep with the socks on. I must either take them off right before I drop off to sleep, or if I do happen to fall asleep with them on and I wake up and find that they are still on, then I must get them off my feet... in a big hurry. I hate how hot my feet feel in bed when my socks are on.

4. I read the obituaries every day in the local Kansas City paper. Every. day. Every single one. Living in the metro KC area my entire life, I will at least once a month, if not more, know someone who has died. Maybe I will only know them by a surviving relative listed in the obit, but I do tend to know a lot of people who have died. I am inspired when reading about how much a person is loved and what they accomplished during their life. I'm always sad when I see very short obituaries... with nothing listed but the date of the funeral. I have informed my husband that I better have a long obituary when I die. And I do sometimes think about how I would want my obituary to read.

5. I really don't enjoy shopping with other people. Especially clothes shopping. I tend to look very quickly - mainly at the clothes on the displays or the clothes on the endcaps right out in the open. If they look good, then I may decide to buy them, but I won't try them on either. I purchase them, take them home to try them on, and then return them if I don't like them - or sometimes I get lucky and they look great and I keep them. And I can't stand end of the season sales. I don't like to dig through the sales racks and maybe find a treasure of a bargain. When forced to look through sales racks, I always find something I like, but never in my size, because you know, it's on sale.

6. I LOVE football... but... I don't like Super Bowl parties. Every year we are invited to them or asked if we are giving one, but we always turn down invitations and hide out in our home to watch it uninterrupted. My husband and I love to watch the game AND the commercials. So if we have people over, or if we are over at other people's homes, then we can't enjoy one of our favorite tv times of the year. Working in the advertising business, I know that the commercials will be the only thing talked about the next day, and I like to be in the know on the highest profile night in advertising. Last year, we watched it at our friend's home, but they are like us - watch the game and no talking during the commercials. Our kids played together and it was very enjoyable. But we were home after halftime, not missing a thing since they only lived 2 blocks away!

7. I gag while brushing my teeth, but only in the mornings... Oh yeah... it's only supposed to be six things!

Don't even ask my husband to come up with any on me - I'm sure he could list at least six more.

If you are a reader of mine, and have not commented, please de-lurk yourselves in my comment section and list one weird thing about you so I don't feel so weird - all by myself. Thanks!

  posted at 8:51 AM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I feel the same way you do about shopping with others and the whole socks-to-bed thing. But parallel parking? Ugh - I can't stand it, can't do it, won't even attempt it! Loved this post. :)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Lori, I just read this today and laughed so hard I cried! I have a friend who is exactly like you on the potty issue! If her children want to go to the bathroom in public and cannot wait to get home she takes them to the portapotty... in the back of her car. Anyway, here is my weird thing.
I cannot stand to throw away bottles that are not completely empty. If there is a bottle of ketchup with only 1 inch remaining on the bottom I will turn it upside down on the counter and drain it out into the next ketchup bottle. It drives Craig crazy! He tries to sneak bottles into the trash can so that he does not have to look at draining bottles on the counter. And that is the only weird thing I am publishing.:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search