Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Homes Christmas Tour
Last night, we headed out to look at Christmas lights. It's always so
fun to drive around and peek into the windows of some of the largest
homes in our town.

Here's the typical car conversation while looking at lights...

Perry sees a house that has lights everywhere - windows, doors, even the
basketball goal. "Dad - let's put lights on our basketball goal next year, 'kay?"

Phil - "If you put blue lights up on your house, does that mean you are Jewish?"

Lori - "These houses are ginormous. What do these people do for a living?!"

I also love Christmas homes tours. I didn't go on any this year... just
ran out of time. But every year before this one, I would buy the
ticket, walk around in someone else's home and admire their Christmas
decorations, trying to figure out how I could make it look just as
lovely in my home. All the while asking myself "what do these people do
for a living?"

I. MUST. STOP.
Our home is our home and we love it. It will never be the largest or most
decorated home in the town, but it is our home and we have made it very
special for the three of us. Join me now as I take you around our home
for our Christmas tour.

Come in the front door... make yourself welcome.

Our dining room is just off to the left of our front door.














The stockings are hung by the chimney with care...
Our living room... (my comfort zone)

I like to display all my Christmas picture cards so each post in our living room is adorned with the holiday cards so that I can look at them daily.



Come on upstairs now to see Perry's Christmas tree. We put it up each year while he places all his ornaments on it. He collects different ornaments each year based on what his interests are. This year he added Lightning McQueen and Towmater ornaments, as well as a new Tony Stewart ornament and the one he made in Sunday School a couple weeks ago.





And no home is a home without the Chiefs fan Christmas Tree - located in our Chiefs rec room...

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Labels:


  posted at 6:20 PM
  Comments (7)


7 Comments:
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Your home looks lovely! I like the special tree for Perry. I bet he looks forward to decorating it each year. My son always had a little tree in his room and still does at age 20!
Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Doris said...

Thanks for the tour. Your home is beautifully decorated. I especially love the living room walls.
Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Sarakastic said...

You have a lovely home & a very pretty blog. I love all your decorating ideas, especially the Christmas cards on the pots.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Beautiful, Lori!! It all looks so lovely - you are a wonderful decorator. Thanks for inviting us in and sharing your holiday decor!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks beautiful Lori! So nice to see.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Your home is gorgeous! What do you people do for a living????

You are a great decorator!!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Your home looks beautiful! Thanks for the tour.

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search