Monday, December 04, 2006
Shouting at the Television
I saw this game on Amazon this afternoon. It looks like a great game to play on Game Night with our Sunday School friends. We get into boisterous men vs. women rounds of DVD Scene It and The 80's Game. I think the men are still winning against the women - but just you wait - the rematch is on December 16th.

I think my husband had another idea for this game yesterday afternoon though... he calls it...

Shout at the television as loud as possible so that all members in the rec room run upstairs and hide. And if I jump up right in front of the television screen and yell even louder, I'm sure the coach on the sidelines will hear me.

Perry invited a friend over after church this morning. Our good friends (who also teach our Adult Sunday School class) have a wonderful little boy in Perry's SS class named Joshua - the oldest of 3 boys in his family. Perry and Joshua have known each other for many years and they are like brothers. I'm sure Joshua is used to a noisy household and all with 3 boys and a fun dad that reside there with him, but seriously?! I don't think he was in the mood to play this game at our house yesterday afternoon.

Today I emailed his mom to make sure that he wasn't traumatized. "Surely you jest", she stated... "Joshua also too sees his dad yell at the tv on Sunday afternoons." He obviously thinks that's what all dads do on a Sunday afternoon in their home.

Now I'm just trying to think of a new Sunday family tradition for the moms. I think it goes something like this...
At approximately 6:00pm, shout to the microwave and oven in our kitchen that all fixing of dinners have been banned this evening, and I will be heading here - alone - and returning near bedtime.

Ahhh - I like that new tradition.

Labels:


  posted at 2:40 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I like that new tradition you just came up with - and I think I'll join you. :)

That game looks fun. But Camden might be traumatized by it. He doesn't mind when HE's the one making noise, but when others start yelling, he leaves the room!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny, Lori.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search