Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Eight is Great!
Happy Birthday Perry!
I just can't believe you are eight years old today. I can remember bringing you home from the hospital as if it were just yesterday. So many mothers talk about the "birth" day as being a life-changing event, but for me it was the day you came home to be a part of our family. And it still is -- to this day -- the best day of my life.

I loved how you became a type of "parent" this weekend yourself -- caring for your brand new birthday present... your puppy Shane. This little puppy is really bringing out a new love in you. Watching you take him for a long walk around Grandma's pond, talking to him in your room while you get dressed in the morning, playing with him outside in the backyard. Even taking him outside to do his business. You really are turning into one fine, responsible little boy.

Also, in honor of Perry's 8th birthday, I decided to participate in the
Snapshot Meme with him...

1. Something I do well
"Tests in school."
2. Something I'd like to improve on
"What does improve mean? Oh, taking care of Shane - I want to learn more about him."
3. My favorite food
"Mexican"
4. Three words that best describe me
"Tall; smart; athletic"
5. My happiest moment
"When Shane came home to me."
6. The most important thing in my life now
"Taking care of Shane"

7. Then to the moms: Were you surprised by any of the answers?
I think that I am surprised that he answered #1 the way he did - I expected it to be about sports - like saying he
plays golf well. But it was about school - which makes me very proud.
And now a word from Phil - the father to this wonderful 8 year old...
It is awesome being Perry's Dad. There are times I simply can't wait to get home to see him, find out what happened in his day and hug him tight - we call it a "neckhug" because he grabs me around the neck and holds on tight. Most of the time I feel like we are more like best friends, golf buddies, or football geeks rather than father and son. I am so proud of the boy he has grown to be and I am sure he is going to do great things in his life. And I'll be there every step of the way.

  posted at 7:00 AM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Perry!

Lori, I love hearing you talk about Perry and your feelings about being his mom. I also love hearing from our "honorary" mom, Phil!

Great answers from Perry. Let's work on arranging that marriage. Start planting Texas A&M in his head. It's a great school--good education, conservative, and lots of Christians!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Happy Birthday, Perry!

And Lori - I just about cried reading your thoughts and Phil's. Perry is a very blessed boy to have such wonderful parents. And boy, he is one handsome kid. You're going to have girls breaking down your door in a few years - watch out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search