Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Do You Want Fries With That?
"No, I do not want fries with my sandwich. I would just like the O' Fish sandwich and my large diet coke - that's all"
But that's not what I ended up getting today.

I got fries with my order.

And I just can't stand the temptation.

The minute I took my sack from the window, I knew they were there. It was a larger sack, and the smell was unbelievable. A smell that I literally had not smelled for at least 6 months... seriously.

I'm on WW - counting points - but I still eat fast food. It's not that I need it fast - I just really
do like fast food. I know people who have not darkened the doors of a fast food restaurant in years. That amazes and terrifies me at the same time. And you can count points with fast food. A fish sandwich from the arches is only 7 points if you order it without the tartar sauce. And I do love me some arches fast food.

So my dilemma at lunch today? What was I going to do with those fries they gave me?

Of course, even before I was wondering what to do with the fries, I started eating them. I started popping them two at a time. And oh - they were to die for. Hot. Crisp. The best fries ever. (You do realize that I had not ordered fries for six months!)


Should I circle back around to the parking lot and look for the trash can. No, I was already out of the parking lot. Should I stop and find a trash can? No, there was no place to stop. By this time, I had sampled at least 10 of the hot fries. I was in trouble now.

So what did I do next??

I fed the birds.

Yep, that's right... I threw the fries out my window. Just opened the window and dumped them. Right there on Westport Road. I kept the box - don't worry - I did not litter. But seriously, there was no way those fries could stay in my car any longer. My mouth was watering just smelling the fries, much less all the sampling I did in that 6 seconds of torment about what to do with the fries.

So Mr. Drive-Up Window Guy - next time I say sandwich only - please help me out and don't stuff those fries in there just to be nice. I really don't want them!


  posted at 2:50 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! Well, actually, I'll say good for you for having a few as well as for eventually throwing them out. No one needs to be that deprived.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Well, you've got more will power than I do. Once fries or any other yummy food makes it into my car - I'm doomed. I will - no, I MUST - eat it!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Hofwoman said...

Oh gosh - good for you to throw them out like that - I usually eat the 'mistakes' and end up feeling crummy and guilt-laden afterwards.

By the way, I love the walls in your living room/family room, wondered how you did them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search