Wednesday, October 04, 2006
I Got Tagged!
This fun little meme was created by Everyday Mommy and I have now been tagged by my good friend of almost 8 years - Jennifer. This is my first tag!

1. Favorite Memory of Your Mother:
For a few summers when I was young, my mother would pack our bags and we would get on a train to go to Michigan to visit her sister's family. That's right - my mom - all by herself - traveling with my brother and I - on an Amtrak train. My dad would stay home since he had to work, but my mother was a teacher and was off during the summers so our summers were meant for fun. As a mom now, I wouldn't even get on a train with one child, much less two. But we had such fun. We were adventurers. We would read books, play cards, travel between the cars and go to the dining car. My brother was deathly afraid of moving between the cars I seem to remember, but it was great fun to be in the dining car. I'm so blessed to have so many memories with my mother, and we are still making more and more memories all the time.

2. Favorite Memory of Your Father:
The night that Phil asked me to marry him, he decided that he would ask me in front of my parents. He asked my father for my hand in marriage first, and then he proceeded to ask me to marry him right there in the living room with my parents (and I) in complete surprise. But the best part of this story is that when he asked my father if he could have my hand in marriage, my father says "well, don't ask me - ask her - I don't care what you do." Yes - that is exactly what he said. He's not a man of many words, but I guess he figured that his 30 year old daughter would either say yes or no - and it didn't really matter what he said being that I was his 30 year old daughter.

3. Favorite Memory of Your Siblings:
I have 2 younger brothers - one (Craig) is just 21 months younger than me and the other one is 13 years younger. I had to grow up with Craig right behind me in school, in church youth group, even employed during the summer together at a baptist conference center. To me, he was a geek... a nerd... we had nothing in common as we grew up. I was a social butterfly, he was socially inept. He never dated in high school, and I really never knew if he dated in college. But after college, he moved to Atlanta, joined a church, got involved in a singles group, met Diana - one of the sweetest southern belles - and had one of the best weddings I've ever been a part of (next to mine, of course). It was such fun because we were able to meet all of his southern friends, his beautiful southern wife, her wonderful southern family... it was just good ole' Southern wedding fun. And I just couldn't believe my socially inept brother got married - even before me!

My favorite memory of my younger brother Brad was when my parents told me they were expecting him. I was 13 years old - and completely amazed and somewhat in shock that my parents were going to do this all over again. I mean, come on - wasn't 2 kids enough? But having a toddler around the house while being a teenager was great fun. I loved how young he kept my parents. And how much fun it is to have him in our lives. He is now 29 - but still is such a kid at heart.

4. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it)?
I would like to be able to wake up and be knowledgeable and have my own opinion about all issues going on in the world today. I would completely understand every single thing that is going on with current issues without even having to read each sentence three or more times, which then makes me not want to continue reading, which then makes me not understand any current issues at all.

5. Which one of your dreams has come true?
As I mentioned in this meme, I was 30 when I married. I truly always believed that I would meet Mr. Right, get married and have a family. I never doubted it at 21, 25, 26... Ever. And my dream has come true.

  posted at 7:38 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I loved reading your answers, Lori!! And the train ride - what a wonderful memory! You know, I am horrible at keeping up with current events...I rely on Chad to keep me informed of what I really need to know! :)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger PDub said...

I too rely on Phil and sit quietly beside him while he speaks of issues and his opinions. I want to be able to offer my opinion - but I never seem to have one! How said is that?

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What great answers! I'm glad that you took the tag--now you're officially a part of the blogging community.

I also am horrible about the current events thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search