Friday, September 15, 2006
My Addiction
Or should I title this "One of My Addictions" because I'm sure I have more than one. Today, I decided to venture to the new Macy's store in our local shopping mall. It used to be a Jones Store - it still pretty much looks like a Jones Store. But I hadn't ventured into the mall since the big change, so that was my Friday afternoon outing. I did buy a new pair of jeans and I do have to take them back because they were too big (rock on!), but that's not what this is all about.

When I left Macy's, I began to get a little jittery. My mind was foggy and my teeth started clenching together. What was I feeling?

And then it came to me. The Starbuck's that I visit on an almost daily basis was across the street. I hadn't been there today. I fixed coffee at home today. And like I said, it was just across the street. I could be there in less than 30 seconds, 20 even...

So as I'm driving across the street, I get behind a silver van that starts to drive slower than normal, and then just stops - as if he's lost or something - but for no reason. He just stops. And what do I do? I honked at him. I mean, come on, I needed my Grande Iced Shaken Black Tea Sweet, please, and I needed it now.

What is wrong with me?? I have a serious caffeine addiction. I'm honking at innocent people to get closer to my fix.

Hello, my name is Lori and I'm a Caffeine-aholic.

  posted at 2:13 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny. I find that with the Starbucks thing, the more I go, the more I "need" to go. If I manage to break the cycle for a few weeks (like lately actually), I don't even get those times when I have to have a latte.

Congrats on the jeans. That's awesome.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

If I don't get my coffee, I get a horrible head and feel very unlike myself...until I realize, "Hey, I never got my coffee this morning!" Then, a little bit of caffeine later, and I'm back to my normal, pleasant self! :)

And - Awesome about the "too big" jeans. Yay!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger MizB said...

I'm a serious caffeine addict, too -- though, mine's in the forms of Coca-Cola & chocolate. :-? I just posted to my blog a day or two ago that I'm saying goodbye to caffeine... It's causing too many *issues* in my life....

PS... Congrats on the jeans! That's an awesome feeling! :o)

<>< Mizbooks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search