Thursday, August 31, 2006
Boot Camp
I've been wanting to write about this fitness class my hubby and I took on Tuesday night at our local community center, but it has taken me until this Thursday morning to actually get up the nerve to write about it... mainly because I AM STILL IN PAIN. Did you hear that? Complete and total pain!

First, let me give you the class description written exactly as it is on the schedule... For all fitness levels, a complete cardio and sculpt class focusing on sports conditioning, designed to MOTIVATE!

My first problem was that I read for all fitness levels and decided, "hey anybody can do this." I had even watched parts of the class the last few weeks. There were all types of people in there - skinny, not-so-skinny, older, younger... no problem... I can do this. Phil looked at the description and read focusing on sports conditioning and was pumped. This was going to be his kind of workout thinking anything that would help him get his golf game in shape, or to help him go long in a parking lot game of throw and catch the football.

Well, we took the class - all 50 minutes of it - and I still can't walk. Well, I can walk, but I am hurting. Going up and down our stairs is a major dilemma... even squatting to sit on the toilet causes agony. And Phil is feeling the same pain. The leader of the class helped us all through the class - she was a great motivator - and after class she told me that this class was an easy 500 - 600 calorie burn. Ooohhhh - I loved hearing that. She teaches this class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and we will go back - but just not tonight. My legs and arms are going to need a weekend to get their feeling back.

Tonight - Chiefs football - the last pre-season home game. I'm going and can't wait to tailgate. Mainly because I will be sitting down, enjoying some great food, great friends and great weather. Go Chiefs!

  posted at 9:25 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search