Thursday, May 22, 2008
Congrats David Cook, Happy Birthday Dad and a Creepy Meme!
First of all - Our hometown boy from Blue Springs Missouri is an American Idol!! Congratulations David Cook - you truly deserve it!
Second - Happy Birthday Dad! Have a wonderful day!
Third - my friend Katrina at Callapidder Days posted a creepy little meme on her blog, so I thought I would follow along because I too tend
I get the heebie jeebies by these five little things...
- Balloons that are being touched and "squeaked" over and over by children. And that balloon guy who so patiently makes statues of liberty hats and dog ears for children at parties and kids-eat-free nights at restaurants? Get thee away from me... you do an incredible job, but the squeaking of the balloons - especially in the car - nearly drives me to drink.
- Styrofoam - I too can't stand the sound that Styrofoam cups make. Which is truly strange since I only adore drinking my daily diet coke from a giguantous Styrofoam cup from Sonic or any place that offers them. But please don't squeak it while you are drinking from it - that is very creepy.
- I have a "barfing phobia" - there - I said it. Anybody, including my son whom I love more than anything else in the work, will totally creep me out if they start barfing. There was a night several years ago where my husband was out of town, and Perry spent the night with the stomach flu. I cleaned it up more than once that night, and then called my mom the next morning telling her all about my terrible night. And knowing full well about my phobia, what were her exact words... "Oh, Lori - I'm so proud of you. You're now a real mother." Who knew it would take me living through a barfing child to earn the full respect and title of mother!
- Ski lifts. I used to love to ski, but all of a sudden one year I developed a great anxiety on a ski lift, and I can no longer think of getting back on one. I even got creeped out on the fun ride at Epcot called Soarin'. We weren't even up but about 3 feet off the ground, but I felt as if I was lifted up over the mountains and canyons, and I had to look away. In fact, even when I watch people get on ski lifts on TV or movies, my hands immediately start sweating.
- Potato salad - especially if it's the creamy, mushy kind and is served outside at a potluck. It looks disgusting and I can't even stand to eat it.
Labels: meme; fun
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Wordless Wednesday #1
Friday, May 16, 2008
Guess Who We're Voting For?!!
We are a family pulling (and dialing our fingers off) for our hometown boy American Idol contestant David Cook.
He visited our town last Friday and we were able to see him throw out the first pitch at the Royals game. He used to work at the Royals stadium back in high school. What a homecoming!
Check out one of his biggest fans!
We had a great time!
Labels: family fun; memories