Sunday, September 03, 2006
Double Date Night
On Saturday night, my hubby and I scheduled a double date with David and Amy - our friends of many years.

About 14 years to be specific.

We knew them when they were dating. They knew us when we began dating. Joined them in Sunday School while Amy's dad was the teacher. Attended their beautiful wedding. David was a groomsmen in our wedding. We were there at their first home on moving-in weekend. Peered at their first-born daughter from the hospital window while she was in an incubator. Prayed with them over their first-born, Megan, a tiny little baby in an incubator for a few days. We had a son... they went on and had 2 more daughters, changed churches, moved again, and again.

You know how friendships come and go?

Well, this one has stayed.

We hired a babysitter - Abby - whom we have also known for many years, and is now old enough to babysit. We ate at a wonderful restaurant - and then wandered over to here while taking a walk to get rid of that too-full feeling that you always seem to have after dinner. Then we even went here before we headed home. It was a great double date - one that 2 sets of parents don't get to have often enough.

We're going to do it again soon. And it can't be soon enough for me.

  posted at 10:08 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Sounds wonderful!! It's been quite a while since Chad and I went out with another couple... I need to plan one of those outings soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search