Thursday, October 19, 2006
Missing Daddy
Phil travels just about every other week for his career; sometimes more... but more often than not it's less. I thank God for that over and over.

Not because I miss my husband.

I do.

But I miss his time spent in conversations with Perry. "Daddy, who do you think will win tonight?" When Phil is gone, I get those questions asked to me. I answer him - but I don't care who wins the game nearly as much as Perry does - or his daddy.

It's alll sports in my house.

All the time.

I looked over at Perry when I came downstairs from folding laundry and what do I see... Perry writing to his daddy's Blackberry on my laptop.

Hi Dad, I miss you.I am watching the cardinals game the score is 1-1 tie.I hope your having fun in St.Louis. I can't wait to see you.E-mail me back.see you later. Love, Perry
His devotion to sports and his devotion to his dad.

I would have it no other way.

  posted at 9:02 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

LORI!!!! Love your new look! And it goes so well with your blog title - comfortable, welcoming...

And this post was so sweet. You know I feel the same way about Chad's travels. And I am SO thankful for technology and how it allows our little guys to stay in touch with their dads!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is the sweetest picture. I can just see his lips moving--helping him spell it out.

I must have been here before this post went up, too, because I say the blog, but not this post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search