Monday, December 11, 2006
A Christmas Blessing
This past week, as I was finally finishing up all of our Christmas decorating, I decided to light some votive candles I had found in some boxes. I thought to myself "they look a little dusty, so lighting them will clean them up."

Yet I didn't realize that one of the votive candles sat directly under our flip-top tv that is tucked away under our cabinets.

This is what happened... the candle burned a hole in the front panel and charred the back side of the tv.


I was noticing that something didn't smell quite right, but I just chalked it up to dusty votives. Had I not decided to blow them out just about 10 minutes later, I imagine that I would have caught my kitchen cabinets on fire, thus releasing my home in flames.

I am so very thankful for the blessings that Christ has given to us this Christmas season. I am very blessed that I have a home to decorate for the holidays, and I am very thankful that He took care of me and our home that day.

Labels:


  posted at 1:39 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad your house is still standing and that God protected you from any harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search