Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Katrina's Shopping Advice
My good friend Katrina at Callapidder Days just posted one of the funniest things I have read this holiday season... you have to click here to read it. Go there now and then come back to me, pretty please.

Her post today was particularly funny since this happens to me ALL the time, and not just the holiday season.

I'll even have my husband stand in one line, while I stand in another, just to see who can reach the cashier first... and he detests this. If it wasn't such a competition, I really don't think he would do it. Forget a good game of cards when we get home... we just get in separate lines at the discount store and see who wins. We both like a bit of competition every now and then.

Last Friday as we stood in line together at the big box toy shop, we ran into another obstacle... our own. We got to the cashier - extremely fast - and as she is scanning our items happily along, one comes up without a price. Of course, I always think that the item should then be "free." Don't you just wish you could make this a new law?

It has no price, therefore it should be free.

So we stand there, waiting patiently, striking up a conversation with the gentleman behind us that "he should have known better than to get in line behind us. Didn't he see the sign on our backs that we have wrong line syndrome?" Fortunately he laughed with us... informing us that we were "wise to shop on Friday instead of Saturday for it will most likely be a disaster tomorrow."

Just like Katrina, I too have experienced the joy and benefits of online shopping this holiday season... now if I could just figure out a way to order my holiday dinner online and have it delivered.

  posted at 9:26 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny Lori! And Katrina's post was very funny, too.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I am so with you on that rule - it's not our fault if no price comes up, so it should definitely be free! :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

My husband can even have trouble in online lines! He ordered and item and a refill kit. Just the refill kit shows up. Turns out they made it into two orders with two shipping costs. Still only one one item though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search