Thursday, January 04, 2007
Happy New 2007!
Boy, these past 2 weeks just flew by... I'm going to write about Christmas soon. I'll be back later to do that. But for now, I would like to talk about the dreaded New Year's Resolutions. I should call them goals, dreams, wishes, meditations - anything else but resolutions. But really, that's what they are.

My Resolutions for the New Year:

Spend more time with family. I'm soon to be an aunt again - in April. My goal is to be aunt who gets to spend time with the new baby. A lot. And keeps in touch with her sister-in-law making sure she doesn't ever feel tired, scared, overwhelmed or alone. Those feelings in the first few months can be the worst.

Make new friends - not a lot of them - maybe only one. But try harder to make friends. I once read that "A new friendship is like an unripened fruit - it may become either an orange or a lemon." That is so very true - but I'm hoping for new oranges in 2007... or maybe just one deep orange.

Weight loss goals are always so hard to keep, but I have lost 42 lbs at WW and must lose 30 more. I resolve to lose those 30 lbs. no matter how hard it is. Besides... my housekeeper just took all my fat clothes away from me - 2 out of the 3 bins she took fit her so if I gain my weight back, I will have nothing to wear. Nothing.

Exercise 3 times per week (at least). I can do that much - and it won't kill me!

Get better involved in church. We attend a church. We go to Sunday School. But that's all. I want to do more. I need to do more.

That's it for now. No need to add more pressure to myself... after all, I have 361 days to question or add on to these.

  posted at 2:18 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those sound really great, Lori. I have tried to be a help to my younger sil over the last 1 1/2 years since she had her baby. It's hard to be supportive and close and not cross the line into being a know-it-all (for me).

Something about us moving around a lot and being blessed to have a few really close friends in the past has really made me seek after new friends as soon as we move. It's not easy, but it's not impossible, and it really is worth it. What you don't realize is that the person you reach out to might need a new friend even more than you do. . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search