Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Thoughts on a Tuesday
This weekend I went to a scrapbook mega-crop on a whim. A friend of mine told me her husband was sending her away to the crop and was there any way that I could come also. The crop was sold out, but at the last minute, I was told that they could fit me in, place me next to my friend, and crop to my heart's desire. And that is exactly what I did. We cropped together on Friday night from 4pm to midnight, and then again from noon to 5pm on Sunday. On Saturday, I cropped in the morning, while she cropped in the afternoon and evening, but I felt like it was such a productive and therapeutic weekend. It turns out that we have so very much in common, as well as the 8 year old boys who are the lights (and scrapbook pages) of our life.

This weekend's crop had the best free gift evah!

This is what we all happily toted home. You too, my friends, can order one here.


This is what Phil and Perry did while I was away on Saturday morning... talking football strategy with Coach Herm.

Notice the sharpie in Perry's hand? Like father, like son...





I got to hold the cutest little baby born in the past month this weekend. Isn't my niece Ainsley just beautiful?


My Starbucks was not serving coffee this morning. There was a boil order in the city where they are located and they could not run water through the coffee machine. Can you imagine how many sleepy-eyed, caffeine withdrawn people were completely bummed as they were walking out their door this morning. Believe me, I can. I was one of them. It was not good.

Sitting at Sonic today, my co-worker and good friend Janna exclaimed that I was SO resistant to change. Only because I did not order vanilla flavoring in my diet coke. "You have ordered diet coke plain every day for lunch for the past six years I've worked with you. Put some vanilla in your diet coke for goodness sake, and live a little why don't you." Well, my gosh golly Janna. How do you really feel?

One other thought from today... I read a book review in my fave pop-culture magazine that is delivered to my mailbox every Friday and it just really hit home with me, especially as I return to Weight Watchers tomorrow night after a 3-month hiatus. From the book Rethinking Thin by Gina Kolata, the author makes a thought-provoking statement that...

Sometimes diets never work. For 2,000 years people have been told, "Eat less, exercise more. If that were enough we wouldn't have a single fat person in the world. But studies have shown there is a range of weights people can have, and as you get too low beyond what your body wants to be, your metabolism slows and the weight comes back. After initial weight loss, they hit a plateau and start backsliding - results that wouldn't surprise the many obesity researchers who believe body weight is inherited, much like height.


And then one scientist told Kolata... Lean people think they are
morally superior... but they're really just winners of the genetic
lottery.


Oh, how I wish I could be the winner of that lottery.

Which lottery would you rather win? The money lottery or the genetic lottery?

Do you feel as if thin people think they are morally superior.... hmmm....?

Thoughts for a Tuesday...

Labels:


  posted at 8:49 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hi Lori. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you did. The scrapbooking sounds like so much fun. It's on my list of things to do sometime.....

P.S.-- I think I get the same magazine every Friday as you. hee-hee

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I think that money could buy a lot of thin! Seriously, if I had the time and money for a personal trainer, a chef who could make me delicious and low-fat meals, instead of the easy casseroles I throw together. . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search