Thursday, April 12, 2007
It's All About The Football

I'm sure the three or four people that read my blog on any type of regular basis know that football is mentioned in at least one post every month or so. And today is another one of those days. So for all you readers (relatives) who just don't get me - and all the football talk - come back again another day. I'm sure I'll talk about something else like my failure in losing weight the last couple months, or the fact that I think spring will never return in our neck of the woods.

Anyway, the NFL football schedule was released yesterday and this day always makes me think back to awaiting a football schedule to be released so that we could plan a date for our wedding.

Yep, that's right - we were engaged in early April and waited close to two weeks to plan the date of our wedding. We knew we were going to be married in the fall - in hopefully October - but we just didn't know which weekend it would be. We needed to know we would not be scheduling our wedding on a Saturday before a home Chiefs game. Because yessiree, Phil would go to the home game on the morning after our wedding if there was one. I'm not kidding. He had not missed a home game for several years, and he wasn't going to start just because he got married to me.

So every year I scour the schedule - almost as if I'm looking for that perfect weekend. The one where we could maybe a take a short mini-break somewhere.

And the schedule didn't let us down this year... they scheduled the bye week right on our wedding anniversary.

Now I just need to figure out where we should go this fall for our anniversary. (I'm writing this in bold letters just in case one of my readers may be my husband. You just never know when he's going to read this blog!)

On another football note, one of my favorite TV programs - Friday Night Lights - showed its season one finale last night. And I say season over and over, hoping and praying it's not the series finale.

Are we to write this television show off? I sure hope not. They did not give us an ending last night... they left us hanging. And if they do that, I think they need to return.

Yep, for me - it's all about the football.

New Niece/Nephew Update... My sister-in-law Cindy is dilated to a 2 - but no baby yet. Four people have been crossed out of our baby pool so far... and Perry is getting crossed out tonight if she doesn't have it. And he's not too happy about that. As he stated this morning, he would like for you to get'er done today, if at all possible!

Labels:


  posted at 9:50 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search