Monday, February 25, 2008
I Have a Confession... and a Revelation
I will get to my confession here in a bit, but I first wanted to talk about a revelation that Perry confided to me this weekend.

This past Friday, Perry had another day off of school... a snow day for some unexpected reason. They were given a snow day on Thursday because there was sleet and ice. Friday, not so much.

But anyway, we passed some of our time in the afternoon by walking through the mall. We really didn't need to do any shopping; just needed to get out of the house. And it doesn't hurt that there is a brand new Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory there either. The aroma coming from this small place starts at least 4 stores down. We decided on chocolate-dipped graham crackers, and while we were busy munching, we spy the Easter Bunny contraption throne set up just below us.

"Mom, I don't believe in the Easter Bunny. It's really just someone wearing a costume."

"Yes - you're right. We have not believed in the Easter Bunny for a long time."

And then my mind starts racing. But wait... since we are on the subject, let's talk about Santa Claus.

"Perry - what do you think about Santa Claus?"

"Well mom, when I overheard Dad tell Brian that he bought me and then he said Santa brought me my sports workout ladder, I then went upstairs later to my bedroom to think about it."

"You did? What did you think about?"

"I decided then in my bedroom that there really wasn't a Santa Claus and that you guys bought me all my presents."

"So how come you didn't discuss this with us?" Feeling horribly bad that my son was thinking about this in his bedroom all by himself.

"Well, it was something that I had heard my friends talk about before, so it just finally made sense."

Cut that knife right through my heart.


My son who has believed in the magic of Santa Claus for nine years is growing up.

Don't even get me started talking about our long-time friends who came over Saturday evening with their three adorable girls, and just 15 minutes prior to their arriving he runs up the stairs yelling "I forgot to put on deodorant!"

Oh my - he's not my little baby anymore.

Now for my confession... which is something that I could not even believe myself as I was watching Harrison Ford being interviewed last night before the Oscars...

I have never seen an Indiana Jones movie.

Not one.


I know. Raiders of the Lost Ark. I have not seen it.

Sounds like a family night at the movies this weekend starting with the first one is in order.

A confession and a revelation all in one weekend.

The excitement never ends in the comfort zone.

  posted at 2:40 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Aw Lori- it's so hard when our little ones grow up isn't it? Mark doesn't believe any longer but we THINK Luke does. In fact just tonight he saw the film canisters where I keep their teeth that the tooth fairy has collected. He asked what they were- I just stood there like a deer in headlights while his Daddy calmly said "that's where she keeps your state quarters"! Thanks for the quick thinking!
Sometimes I think he'll believe until he's 15! but then again, he could be fooling us. Mark did for a whole year!!

BTW- shame on you for not seeing any Indiana Jones movies!!! LOL

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Aw, very sweet about Perry. My analytical guy heard that Santa might not be real when he was 4 (from a girl in preschool) and instantly decided that none of those characters existed. Sigh... Hopefully, we'll have a little more of the magic with Logan. :)

And Indiana Jones? I hardly watch any movies, but even I have seen those. :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow--I've been MIA here, huh?

Did you watch Indiana Jones? Did Perry watch? Terry and I watched the first one (again) in December when we were at that B&B, and I thought Amanda would like it, but parts are a little intense, so I'd love to know what P thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search