Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Perry and His Brush With Fame!
(Click on the picture to view it larger.)


Tonight, Phil walked into the house from the garage and exclaimed "an all-pro running back is talking to Coach B in his driveway down the street."

The next thing I knew, Perry was racing to grab anything he could find so he could run down to meet him. He speaks the football language of his father, and he needed no prompting as to who his father might be talking about.

He came upstairs after grabbing his father's prized authentic football helmet, rummaged around in the junk drawer for a sharpie and took off down the street to meet the one and only Priest Holmes, the Chiefs running back who just this week "suited up" against those nasty Raiders.

So anyway, Perry runs down the street to Coach B's house and after just a few minutes comes running back down the street, signed helmet in hand. "So, what did you say to him?" we excitedly asked. "Would you sign this please" followed by a "Nice to meet you" was his simple response. Seems Perry was more than just a bit "star-struck" meeting one of the greatest - if not the greatest - running backs in KC Chiefs history. He simply did not know what to say. "Well, I thought about saying 'Hook-em Horns, but I couldn't remember where he went to college at that moment." (Hook'em Horns being what fans of the University of Texas' say).

Perry's quote: "It felt like my heart was beating so fast because I was meeting the great Priest Holmes!!"

What a small moment of excitement that Perry will likely remember forever. That's the best part of the whole thing - the memory for Perry.

Labels:


  posted at 8:17 PM
  Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, so sweet. What a great experience for him!

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and you know Priest Holmes is from San Antonio...my boys would LOVE to meet him. Next time we see Perry, we'll teach him to do "Hook 'em Horns." Nick does it in nearly every picture he takes.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Awwww...that's so neat!! Priest Holmes was one of my best players on Fantasy Football a couple of years ago. I love that your son had this opportunity.

:-) Susan

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um--Hook 'em Horns??????

Excuse me, I think that Gig 'em Aggies might be a better thing to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search