Monday, October 01, 2007
Fall 2007 Reading Challenge

My good friend Katrina has been hosting reading challenges for the past year and I have participated here and here.

I'm never one to actually fulfill my reading challenges, but it's always good to strive for goals.

So as not to disappoint my reader friends, I give you my Fall Into Reading List...


Fiction:

74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber. I've read all of her Cedar Cove series and I know that this one will not disappoint. This is a book that I will snuggle up with on the couch, afghan on my legs, with a hot cup of green tea or a mocha.

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. A friend of mine recommended this book to me. It looks like it could be an enjoyable book club book... too bad the book club that I belonged to decided to take a break.

Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Football and pizza all in one book... I'm there. I'm really looking forward to reading this book... I'm usually a fan of John Grisham books.


Non-Fiction/Bible Study:
This is tough as I don't really read a lot of non-fiction, but I do have a book that I really want to dive into at some point during the fall.

Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore. I've read so many great reviews about this book. And though I'm not in that deep of a pit, the fall and winter do seem to drag me down just a bit, and I don't want to get stuck down there.


Reading with Perry:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. We just started this book together... only reading it every other night or so. I've always wanted to read the Potter series and this is a fun way to share it.


This is not a long list, but I do hope to actually finish this challenge this time around.

I'll keep you posted!

Labels:


  posted at 2:53 PM
  Comments (8)


8 Comments:
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

So glad you joined the challenge, Lori! I keep seeing Playing for Pizza on lots of lists... I'm sure I'll be adding it to my pile before long, since I usually enjoy a Grisham novel. Also, I'm looking forward to reading the Harry Potter series with Camden eventually. We're knee-deep in the Warriors (cat) series right now, but maybe in a year or two, we'll start Harry Potter. Enjoy your fall reading!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Now that may not be a lot of books, but it IS a lot of pages. Hugs to you and Happy Reading!!

:-) Susan

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Great list Lori and so glad to see your post. I was getting concerned if you were okay. I've only listed 8 books and I'll be lucky if I get them all read. This is my first reading challenge. Take care and happy reading!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I joined this fall for the first time, too! I'm like you, in that I may not finish my list, but at least I will make an effort! I've never read the Debbie McComber books, but have read reviews and I think they would be something I enjoy. That afghan and tea sounds great, too!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda has been wanting to read HP, too, and I don't mind her getting started, but I'm just not ready for her to read them all at age 9, so I was thinking of doing a read-aloud too. I think that you will both love them. I actually thought that Book 1 was a bit slow and that 2 and 3 were much better.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Cedar Cove books too. And I just got PLAYING FOR PIZZA the other day. I'll be reading that one soon.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger melissa said...

I am also reading "Get out of that pit" - I have read all of Beth Moore's books and have done a few of her bible studies :)
I've only read the first 2 HP books, but hope to read them all at some time. Just SO many books on my list!

Melissa
http://mcc.typepad.com/mcc_my_guys/
username: mcaligiuri
password: lulubelle

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Nise' said...

Great list of books. I have enjoyed the Cedar Cove books as well and am on the wait list for this book (and Playing for Pizza). You will love Get Out Of That Pit! Happy Reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search