Saturday, August 11, 2007
Alone
UPDATE (SUNDAY, AUG. 12 at 11:35am): Okay, I'm over being alone. I miss my guys a bunch today - especially going to church ALONE, and I'm ready for them to be home. Last night I was told that it would be close to midnight tonight. I'll be ready to give them big hugs when they roll in.


Yesterday afternoon at 4:00pm, my husband and son left for a boys weekend. Along with his friend Nate and his son Ethan, Perry and Phil drove to Tulsa to bake in the heat watch professional golfers win a Championship... in the baking heat.

I am alone this weekend.

And I'm enjoying every single minute of it.

There are not a lot of people who enjoy being alone. I'm not one of them. I re-charge by being alone and having the time to do whatever I enjoy. Whether it be reading, watching rented movies (I chose 2 this weekend), or just getting to sit here and blog, I will refresh my mind and soul.

I did go to a movie last night with a good friend... No Reservations... it was a really cute movie that Phil would not have wanted to see at the theater, so I enjoyed getting chick night with Karen.

And I'm meeting my oldest and dearest friend Laurie today for lunch. After we lunch, we will go visit her mom in the hospital.

So, no need to worry about me. I am getting in my social hours. But I'm also just enjoying the time alone.

It is rest for my soul.

  posted at 12:11 PM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Lori ~ so glad to hear you have this alone time. I could use some of that myself. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend of renewal and rest. And thank God for good friends to share special times with too.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. I don't mind being alone either--especially now that I don't get that luxury much at all!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love being alone...but it doesn't happen often in my house. I do find myself, however, longing for the hustle bustle of people pretty quickly, however.

My son is going to be in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. He's pretty excited about going.

I hope your reunion is a wonderful one and that your "boys" had a great time on their weekend.

:-) Susan

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I thoroughly enjoy some time alone, as well, since it's such a rare luxury these days. But going to church alone, etc., definitely can be tough. It's one thing to enjoy a bubble bath or book or coffee in silence, and it's another thing to go through all the routines that we're used to doing with our loved ones...except they're not around. I'm sure they'll be as happy to see you as you will be to see them!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, going to church alone is the worst. . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search