Friday, July 20, 2007
Comfort Zone Deisgn Intervention
Don't you just wish you lived here...??

Yes, those are paint cans, brushes and drop cloths in our master bedroom.

No... peaceful slumber is not an option in our home.

And here...??

Yes, that would be my cooktop on a towel in the dining room.

No... dinner is also not an option in our home for the past 7 days, and the next 5 days.

We are having our countertops in our kitchen replaced and have been living a little bit of the crazy life this past week. We don't have counters, a sink, a dishwasher or an oven that is currently in working order.

And we've had a painter in our home repainting the master bedroom, master bathroom and a half bath on the main level.

I honestly can't look another fast food meal in the face right now... but it seems to be the only way we've been able to eat lately. We've also had 3 tournament baseball games this past week, with one more on Saturday evening and Sunday evening.

On top of that, our garage door opener broke this week.

AND we have 5 kittens who have popped up in our back yard - and they aren't ours.

Mama told me there would be days like this... but these days seem to go on and on, I'm just sayin'.

I'm SO glad it's Friday!

I'll be back soon with the AFTER pictures. And I'll let you know what my first dinner in our remodeled kitchen will be.

It sure won't be from Sonic!

Labels:


  posted at 2:38 PM
  Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Lori ~ this brings back memories of about 4 years ago when we added on a master bathroom and enlarged our family room. We moved our bed into our dining room and moved family room furniture and some bedroom furniture into storage. Evan was about 4 and we could only use part of our house because the rest was sealed off. This took over a year. Our contractor was very slow but did a great job. I have never been without my kitchen though and that would be really hard. For us it was well worth the bother. We have more storage space and a big family room to entertain in. Hope your project goes smoothly and on time. Have a great weekend! Lisa :)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh my goodness, Lori, I don't know how you're surviving! That's a lot to have going on all at once! We keep talking about getting 2 kittens (though it would be better if we waited for our grumpy old cat to "pass on" first), so if some popped up in our back yard, Camden would be thrilled. :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Rach said...

Just think how beautiful it will be when it is all completed. BTW: I have a little piece of info for you regarding someone we both know.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, that's tough. We just did our countertops last year, and it was a pain. . . . Yes, yes, post after pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search