Sunday, June 24, 2007
Logan's Excellent Adventure
So about a month or two ago, my cousin Jason and his wife Darla asked if their son Logan could have a sleepover with Perry. They were planning a slumber party for their 8 year old daughter, and wanted to keep Logan out of the way. He would wreak havoc among the girls, so how about we have him wreak havoc share a fun evening with Perry. "Oh sure" I say, knowing that a month or two is a long way away and things always change.

Well, that day showed up yesterday, and we had an overnight visitor in our midst. Logan is 4 years old and idolizes Perry. When we get together for family functions, they get along famously.

This evening is going to be a piece of cake.

Logan arrives around 4pm with a backpack full of clothes and the essentials of life such as a Gameboy and an Nintendo DS Lite. Ahhh - the coveted Nintendo DS Lite. My 8-1/2 year old does not own the coveted Lite. All of his friends own the Lite, and now his 4 year old cousin owns one. Yes, Perry did mention to me one or thirty times that it was "no fair" that Logan owned a DS Lite.

So we wander outside with the boys and watch them play baseball, take turns on the swingset, hide up in the playhouse and shoot bad people.

And that was all in about the first 10 minutes.

Then our next-door neighbors (bless their ever-lovin' hearts) informed us that they were going to turn on their blow-up water slide and let the kids play. Would Perry and Logan like to join in? Did I just hear the angels sing? Oh yes, oh yes, we would love to join in on the fun. Nothing says entertainment like watching a bunch of boys climb up and down a water slide 11 or 67 times and tire themselves out like there's no tomorrow.

And the boys ran and played and had a great time. But as we were tiring Logan out, he came and sat down on the ground beside me and informed us all that his tummy hurt. Real bad.

Oh boy, nothing terrifies me more than a child complaining of stomach issues. Okay, I know... I have issues too, but let's not talk about me here. It's about Logan. And I don't like barfing kids. I know, I know... it's not about me.

"Well, let's sit out for a little while to see if it stops hurting... okay?"

And that's what he did. But then he felt better so the kids ended up playing some baseball for a little while. Until it turned dark and bugs were starting to bite.

Again, nothing says tire the kids out like a good ol' fashioned baseball game in the dark.

So we get Perry and Logan inside to get their pajamas on and wind down. As Logan was putting his pajamas on, he lets out a huge belch.

HUGE.

And then he says with a little gleam in his eye... "Oh, I tink I felt a wittle puke in my froat."

Great. That's exactly what I didn't need to hear. But I just decided that it was just the thing he needed for that tummy ache. A big ol' belch that brings a little puke up has to make him feel better... right?

Besides, I tend to get a wittle bit of puke in my froat every morning I brush my teeth.

After they are ready for bed, Logan gets out his books he brought, and Perry reads to him while they snack on granola bites and milk. By this time, I'm rejoicing that it sure is nice to have another reader in the family.

When it was finally bedtime, Logan gets himself comfortable, but returns outside our door just a few minutes later. The ceiling fan is on and he is getting cold. Okay -no worries - we've got that covered.

Oh - and by the way - "make sure you close the door because I don't want that cat in here because I'm awergic."

Okay - no worries- got that covered too.

Two minutes later - another return. This time there were monsters under Perry's bed where the middle drawer was missing. So we stuffed some blankets in there, and there was no way the monsters were going to make it out now. They were stuffed in there - never to return.

Dreamland? It finally came around 10:30pm. Not too bad considering there was so much to do and look at in Perry's room.



Logan - good buddy -
we hope you had an excellent adventure during your sleepover with Perry.

We know we did!

Labels:


  posted at 6:31 PM
  Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Rach said...

How fun! We didn't have any cousins to hang out with when I was younger, so I am always jealous when people talk about their friendships with their cousins.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how cute!! I love the pictures, and it does sound like they had a great time.

This was really fun to read. Good job.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Isn't that fun???? I love that he got to spend time with his cousin...and I had to laugh because there's usually some similar story when I have my nieces or nephews over. There's just something abotu being "little" and going to bed in another person's house.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like they had a blast!

:-) Susan

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Aw, I bet Logan had a wonderful time!

I had to laugh though -- I totally know that feeling of panic when any child within hearing distance mentions an upset stomach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search