Friday, June 01, 2007
Last Day of School!
Today is Perry's last day of 2nd grade. It seems like just yesterday he started kindergarten. I know that sounds so cliché, but it's true.

Today he made a card for his teacher, Mrs. Kennedy. I'd like to quote what he wrote to her...

"Mrs. Kennedy, you are the best teacher because we did math races on the chalkboard and they were so much fun. I also had fun having breakfast together. I know I'm going to be a 3rd grader, but I will always remember my 2nd grade year with you. "

It just fascinates me how he has learned to put his thoughts into words and then write them down. Thanks to a wonderful and caring teacher, he has learned an incredible amount of knowledge this year. I'm amazed daily by his "smartness."

He definitely takes after me his father.

I know that minute he walks out of his school today he will say "well, I'm a third grader."

And there will be the biggest grin on his face.

And tears in my eyes.

He's just growing up way too fast.

Happy Summer Perry!

Labels:


  posted at 8:02 AM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Happy last day of school and cheer to a great summer for y'all.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Roy and Lori said...

Enjoy your summer Perry! It was
so thoughtful of you to remember your teacher in such a nice way!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, that is a thoughtful comment. Amanda's second grade teachers has been one of her best, too.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Aw, love that note! Very sweet. Camden's last day is Monday and boy, is he ever looking forward to being done. And to being a third-grader, of course. You're right, they're growing up so fast...

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love his letter to his teacher. My DS 4 (who just "graduated" second grade) asked me the other day, "Do you ever think I'll see Mrs. Anderson again?" I said, "Of course...the third grade classroom for your team is right next door to her." He said, "Well, it'll never be the same."

He's right.

And you're right. They DO grow so quickly. And the older I get, I realize just how fast time passes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's a lovely place that you have here. I'll have to swing back through sometime.

Blessings to you.

:-) Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search