Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Memorial Day Memories
Do you ever have one of those weeks where life just gets in the way? Well, that is my week here. I know I haven't posted anything here in the past week, and that's not because I don't have anything good going on... because I do... real good stuff.

But I've been living it instead of writing it right now... and leaving my camera down.

Sometimes I just need to step away, and this was one of those weeks.

I could write about a little league baseball-free weekend beginning with a Friday night that started off with a trip to our favorite Mexican restaurant (Salty Iguana to-go), followed by a couple of glasses of margaritas outside with our neighbors while the kids played.

I could write about how we spent a beautiful Saturday at one of my favorite new shopping landmarks. And how I didn't find anything for me, but we found plenty for Phil, Perry and his teacher Mrs. Kennedy.

I also could write about how Perry and his good friends Ethan and Grant spending a fun-filled afternoon on Sunday at the movies while their dads played golf together. Shrek the Third was the movie, and popcorn, m&m's and colas were all devoured.

I also don't want to forget about Sunday evening when my family got together for my dad's 70th birthday and my sister-in-law Cindy's 26th birthday. We grilled burgers, caught up on family travels, held the most adorable little six week old baby girl Ainsley, and then ended the evening with the best Oreo Ice Cream Dessert that has ever been made.... thanks to Karen for the recipe. I will have to post it here soon because it would be a great Father's Day dessert.

And how could I forget to write about Memorial Day. The day Perry woke up at his grandparent's house and told them that "this was going to be an awesome day because I'm going to go and visit the cemetary's where my great-grandparents (The Perry's) are buried and my dad's grandparents (The Worden's) are buried." Yes, he said that... he's a sentimental type like that. And I could write about how that brought tears to my mom's eyes, and mine as well when she told me.

And I wish I could find some great pictures from the weekend, but this weekend was all about living it and not documenting it.

And it was a great weekend.

Labels:


  posted at 1:15 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Camden is sentimental in that way too, and loves anything having to do with family history, ancestors, etc. I have to admit I'm not good at feeding that, because I know so little, but he loves to ask my mom about our family and she loves to share all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search