Thursday, July 26, 2007
Thoughts on a Thursday
This morning as I sit at my desk at work (yes I am at work - let's not tell anybody), I'm thinking about how much has gone on this week, and how much I have not been around lately to talk about all the many things that have been going on..



Perry's baseball team won their game last night 11-4 and they now advance to the Championship Game on Saturday evening. They have to beat the team on Saturday, and then turn around and beat them again on Sunday to be the winners of the Legacy Park tournament. If they lose on Saturday, then we are the second place winners. Either way, our team is made up of a bunch of winning 8 year olds. I have never been prouder of the team, and of Perry. He hit his first triple last night - a huge bomb over the left-fielder's head. Phil missed the game because of traveling for work, but thanks to the miracle of cell phones, it felt like he was there. He called after every inning and cheered him on from Chicago. This team has played their heart out this season and we are excited for them to reach the big games. I'll try and post pictures of the big game after this weekend is over.


There is a new Starbuck's in town, and being the gal with the major addictive habit, I decided to pay it a visit this morning. It is lovely, clean, delightful, and beautiful. A new Starbuck's always makes me very happy... even if it is in a shadier part of town.

Happy Thursday -

Labels:


  posted at 10:13 AM
  Comments (8)


8 Comments:
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Isn't it great to have that project done? The cleaning afterwards isn't so great though... maybe a Starbucks before you start would be just the ticket!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Rach said...

Oh come on now, Shady part of town? I take a offense to that...never mind that a lady got her purse stolen a month or so back at the McD's, but no need to fear the landscaping guys caught the hoodlooms.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger PDub said...

Rach - I mentioned the "shadyness" just for you girl!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I knew you were giving me a "shout out"! I will take it however I can get it. :-)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it's hard to get back into the habit of using that kitchen, huh?? Post pics soon!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Good luck to Perry and his team! Can't wait to hear about the tournament and see pics!!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a great post, Lori! I'm glad the kitchen is back together. That's exciting. Have a great weekend.

:-) susan

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh yes, a new Starbucks is always a joy. :) So glad your kitchen is back and functional!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search