Sunday, July 29, 2007
Second Place...
Perry collecting his 2nd place trophy

...is better than no place at all.

From the title, it is obvious that we did not win the Championship game on Saturday night. But we did place second in the overall parks and rec league, beating out fifteen other teams to advance to the championship game.

Taking into consideration that this was the first year for a bunch of 8 year olds to play competitive baseball, I'd say they made us parents mighty proud.


I wish I had taken a picture of Perry's fan club last night. They included his grandparents, his Great Aunt Sandy, his cousins Connor, Logan, Darla and Jason, and of course, me. Phil's the dug-out coach, so he cheers him on from inside the fence. There was quite a crowd there to cheer him on.

It was a close game... at first. We were actually up, then down. Which is exactly what I was... sitting in my seat, standing near the fence, sitting on the bleachers, standing by the dugout. It made me nervous to sit and watch, and it made me nervous to stand and watch. Wherever I was, I was willing the boys to hit the ball hard; to go out and make the plays.

Perry's team may have lost 7 to 3, but they are not losers... they're second place winners!


Enjoy the little things,

for one day you may look back

and realize they were the big things.

- Robert Brault

Labels:


  posted at 2:21 PM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Lori- The quote and photo at the end are just wonderful.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Rach said...

Please tell Perry Congratulations on a great season. You guys should be so proud and what great pictures to use for scrapbooking.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Lori- tell Perry that Mark's team had the exact same results- second place- only they had to end the game because of the slaughter rule! Not good!!!

I know you have enjoyed it all-but I sure hear ya on the nervousness! Are you guys done now? We play through Nov!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are really great pics.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Yes, you can be very proud of them -- they worked so hard this season! Love the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search