Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Last Day of Summer Vacation
Here we are... the day before the new school year begins. In honor of the beginning of his third grade year, I wanted to capture this moment in time and take a look back on our summer. I had Perry answer some significant questions.... some about the summer... some about his life in general... some because I was just nosy wondering how he would answer them.

I hope we can look back over these answers next summer and laugh and enjoy the memories that we held this past summer before third grade.

1. What is the best thing that happened this summer?
"Well, there were a lot of things, but playing baseball and catching the fly ball and getting second place in our tournament – that was the best."

2. Did you take a fun vacation? "Yes - we went to Branson with our friends... and swam... and got to go to Silver Dollar City... and watched the water show at Branson Landing.

3. My favorite song this summer? "Life is a Highway – the Rascal Flatts version"

4. Best movie I saw this summer: "Underdog"

5. My favorite meal: Cheese steak with rice and salad

6. My favorite sport: Baseball

7. My favorite book: "Where The Red Fern Grows" (It's what he is currently reading.)

8. Best thing I’ve heard about the coming school year: "That my teacher went to MU."

9. My new teacher’s name: Ms. Stice

10. Will I have a lot of homework? "You bet I will."

11. What I’m most afraid of: "I’m usually afraid of nothing. Well, probably tornado warnings"

12. What I’m most proud of: "My parents." (Interesting answer!)

13. Most important thing in my life: "My parents"

14. Something I’d like to improve on: "Saying stuff that I’m not supposed to say, so I want to improve on not saying things I shouldn’t say."

15. I like… "space, Mars mission legos, my friends, and sports"

16. I dislike… "getting in trouble with my parents... and going to bed."

17. My good friends: "Blake, Brady, Ethan B, and Ethan W."

I really didn't get any answers that were unexpected. No real surprises at all.

I love how he answers that he is most proud of his parents and that we are the most important "things" in his life. I wonder just how long we will continue to be the most important in his life. I'm hopeful that will continue for the duration of his years in school. But very soon his friends will be most important, and I can only hope that they will be the friends I wish for him.... ones that will encourage him, laugh with him, and love him... just like his parents do.

So we're off to enjoy our last day of summer vacation... spending time at the neighborhood pool, sharing lunch at McDonald's, and spending time with friends in the afternoon. We will then participate in our school's "Meet The Teacher" night before we tuck him into bed a bit earlier than normal, pray for blessings on his new school year, and kiss him tenderly on his cheek as we bid him sweet dreams.

Sweet dreams about his third grade year in school.

Labels:


  posted at 8:09 AM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Lori- that was an awesome idea to ask Perry those questions. I think I'm going to ask the boys just to see what their answers are!

Wishing Perry a wonderful 1st day of school tomorrow!!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are great questions and great answers.

Great kid. Great mom.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Enjoy your last day of summer! This is a wonderful idea to look back on year after year. I will tuck this one away to remember for my own little guy in a few years.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Love the interview!

Um... I'm impressed with Perry's favorite meal. Camden would never list "salad," even on his top 100 foods. He does not like greens, that boy.

Hope the first day of school goes well!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

I loved reading Perry's answers to your questions. What a neat idea. Hope he has a great school year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search