Monday, August 20, 2007
Questions, Questions...
To celebrate my one year blogiversary, I asked you if there were any questions that you were just wanting to know... anything. And a few of my beloved and faithful readers showed up to the party and asked me these questions...

From Jennifer:
I'd like to ask what you like best about blogging, and if you want to share what you like least, you can do that too.

I think what I really like best about blogging is that it is a memory keeper. Oftentimes I tend to go back and view my old posts, and it brings back memories of things that I had forgotten about. It is like a online scrapbook to me and I tend to view this scrapbook even more than the ones I create with my own hands.

I think the only thing that I like least is when I tend to be too busy to write things down, like something I should have written about yesterday…

Right after church, Perry was excitedly telling us about what they did in Sunday School. They took the third grade class down to the fellowship hall and had them make sack lunches to take to the homeless people in our city. He told us what they placed in the sac lunches, as well as how it made him feel. It touched him a great deal that there are people who don’t have a home, who are going to be very excited about receiving this sack lunch that he made.

Then at dinner, when it was time to bless the food, he began with his typical…
“Dear God, thank you for everything…” but then he stopped and ended like this…”Dear God, please bless the homeless people with the servings today, and please bless our servings today today in our home.”

Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about how he is feeling about the homeless.

And I pray that we can bottle those loving feelings up, and instill these feelings in him forever.

From Rachael: Where did Phil take you on your first date?

When he first asked me out, he wanted to take me to the Tim Allen show that was coming to KC in late June of 1993. I said yes on the phone, then hung up the phone and screamed! I was SO excited that he asked me to go to that show with him, but then quickly realized after I got off the phone that it wasn’t for a long time… it was at least a month away.

Later on that week, though, he called me and asked me out for that Friday night and he took me to a movie (Groundhog Day) at the $1 theatre at Independence Square (yes, that’s my fiscal man) and then to Tippin’s for dinner. We talked about how stupid the movie was, and then we just sat and talked there for a very long time. I remember running into a few people while we were there… Tippin’s was the place to be back in those days.

If there was one store where you were given a shopping spree, where would you want it to be? Boy, that’s a toughie since I love to shop… Right now it would be Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware because there are so many things there that I would love to buy for decorating my home. But if you ask me in January, it would probably be a department store because that’s when my “I hate my clothes” saga begins.

What is the one thing that you did not expect about being a mother? I think you and I talked about this at our last scrapbook marathon, and it was that I fully expected to bond with him from the moment he was born, and that I did not. And then when I finally did find that everlasting bond within me around his third month, I knew I'd never be able to let it go. I never thought I would love Perry more than my own life, but I do.


From Katrina:
I know that none of us want to determine our children's future or pressure them to be anything, but when you look at Perry, his strengths and interests, his passions and abilities, what could imagine him being when he grows up?

Oh my, this one is so tough and I think it is because Perry is my only child. And I tend to have very large dreams for our only child. But I guess if I could imagine him being a grown up at this moment, he would be working happily in something that he loves. Right now he is set on being an astronaut, playing baseball AND being an artist all at the same time.

Phil and I always imagine him being an attorney because he
negotiates with us on anything better than any other child I know. But we sincerely only wish for his happiness and success in his life… that he loves the Lord, loves his parents and is a good friend to all those he cares about. And makes a boatload of enough money to support us in our olden age!

My dear friends... thanks for the questions. It's been a great year blogging, and I'm looking forward to capturing more moments in the coming year.

Labels:


  posted at 11:14 AM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Lisa M said...

I loved the comment about you and Phil thinking that Perry would be a lawyer. My husband and I think the same thing of our son!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh--fun answers.

Terry and I went to a dollar movie on our first date too (Days of Thunder with Tom Cruise).

And I think I agree with you about the best and worsts of blogging--for sure the worst (I wish I was better at it). I like the community as well (and sharing a new interest with old friends like you).

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I am so bleary eyed tonight, when I first read about your first date I read "KC" as "KFC" and I thought..."Wow, and she'd put THAT on her blog!" Sorry...

I love love love Restoration Hardware AND Crate and Barrel!!

Great answers to some GREAT questions.

:-) Susan

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Lori- I've been a bit behind on blog reading and I'm so sorry I missed submitting a question. However, I loved reading these and your answers. I'll second your vote for Crate & Barrel!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great answers! Camden's a negotiator, too, so we often envision him as a lawyer. :)

And yes, Restoration Hardware would be a wonderful place to have a shopping spree. I usually just browse in there, but if I could take the whole store home, I probably would!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search