Sunday, September 02, 2007
Happy Birthday to My Mom!

Today we celebrated a very special birthday - my mother's 65th birthday. We all gathered at the Cheesecake Factory for a family lunch and presents.

Her three kids went in together on a very special gift. An 8" Digital Picture Frame. We loaded it up with hundreds of family pictures, and had it ready to go as soon as she brought it home.

She will be able to look at pictures all day long if she so desires.

This weekend has been full of friends, family and fun. We spent Friday evening with three other couples and their kids having dinner at the club, and then going back to our friend's home for ice cream and conversation. Yesterday, we spent most of the day at our next door neighbor's home celebrating college football season opening with them, and other friends from the neighborhood. I am so thankful for our friends and neighbors.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for a restful Labor Day.

I am anticipating another busy week or two here. Work has really picked up and I am going to take a break from my blog for a little while.

Oh, but first... my answer is You've Got Mail. I love that movie so much. I could watch it every time I see it on TV. But I do love me Sleepless in Seattle... I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

But I will return. And hopefully I'll have more thoughts to writw about after my break.

Labels:


  posted at 8:41 PM
  Comments (5)


5 Comments:
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Happy Birthday, Lori's mom!

Let me know how she likes the picture frame. I was just thinking that I bet my mom would appreciate one of those, too.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I'm so excited college football has begun! Have a great week.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! What a thoughtful present. My daughter got one of those for me for Mother's Day. I still have to load more pictures on it.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Awww...what a special day for you all. I keep thinking I'm going to give some digital frames for Christmas.

Hugs to you.

Susan

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger NotJustLaura said...

Congratulations to you and your mum - I hope she had a wonderful day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search