Sunday, October 07, 2007
Love + Fun = You

Every year they hold Grandparent's Day at Perry's school... the first Friday in October. Grandparents from all around join their grandchildren in class while they work on activities together.

Before the grandparents arrive, the 3rd graders in Perry's class were asked to write a special letter to their visiting grandparent or special friend.

Here is what Perry wrote:

Dear Grandma and Granddad:

Welcome to the room of learning. I am excited to see you. Hey Grandma, I have a math problem for you. Love + Fun = You. Hey Granddad, we are going to do fun projects. Thank you for coming. Love, Perry
I loved how he created a math problem for his grandma... knowing that she was a math teacher in the 5th grade for 30 years. He is always talking math with his grandma.

Hey Perry,

I have my own math problem for you!

Grandma + Granddad + You = JOY!

Labels:


  posted at 7:14 PM
  Comments (6)


6 Comments:
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That first picture just made me smile!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

So sweet! I love the math equations. :) And the pictures are great!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jill said...

What a handsome son! Loved the math quiz.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet note! Gee, I wonder why my 17 year old granddaughter didn't invite me to her school for Grandparent's Day???

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lisa M said...

Loved the pictures and the wonderful note Perry wrote. Perry is such a sweet young man. Evan had Grandparent's Day last Friday too.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Now that's just SO VERY SWEET!! I love it that they are able to go and be there for him, too!

:-) susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search