Thursday, October 04, 2007
"Pitcher Perfect"

Perry started off this past Saturday's fall baseball game pitching for his very first time.

I was a "nervous nellie" watching him. He was so methodical... taking his time to concentrate on the batter, surveying around all the bases, trying to make the perfect pitch. In his inning, he walked six batters, struck out three and gave away no base hits. Pretty good for his very first time.

I either spent the inning closing my eyes so that I didn't watch the pitches, or closing my eyes to send up silent prayers to God for srikes. "Please God - let him throw more strikes. Please God - give him confidence in his pitches."

This is the hard part about being a mom.

Forget the feeding schedules and the no naps in the afternoon. This age is getting even tougher. You want so much for them. You pray for confidence, selflessness, teamwork, patience... stuff that is so hard to comprehend at the tender of age of "almost nine."

And the silent prayer that I really need to offer up is "Please God - help me parent this young boy into the gentleman that You would want him to be."

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. — Proverbs, 22:6

Labels:


  posted at 1:25 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Wow Lori! You are so right! That is what our prayers need to be for our children. I'm getting ready to start The Power of a Praying Parent- may even try to get an online study going.

BTW- girl I feel your nervousness!! I get that way all the time at Mark and Luke's games!! My SIL says it only gets worse- her son played all through high school!!!

Way to go Perry!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Lori, being a sideline parent is SO HARD. And I think the Moms have it much worse...I remember when my boys played goalie and the ball would go past them in soccer...I'd cringe every single time. But they were always able to shake it off so much quicker than I could.

Glad your boy had a good game. I've missed seeing you...I don't know why my blogger is not updating again!!

Have a great weekend.

:-) Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search