Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Livin' Good!
I saw two movies this past weekend. One on Saturday. Another one on Sunday.

My good friend Rachael asked me this morning how I got so lucky getting to go see two movies in one weekend.

"Must be livin' good, I guess."

Or the fact that I have two boys dwelling in my home constantly busy with getting haircuts, making runs to Dick's sporting goods, going to basketball hall of fames... you name it - they were there this weekend. And they didn't need me to hang out with them on their manly man adventures.

So I tend to have time on my hands lately...

On Saturday morning, Karen and I hit the early morning movie because it is only $5 and we are cheap frugal like that. Five bucks for any movie before noon. Can't beat that on a Saturday morning... even though it did seem a little off ordering a diet coke and popcorn while the rest of the community was most likely still in bed.

We saw 27 Dresses - and it was predictable, cute and very funny. Loved the movie. From the screenwriter of "The Devil Wears Prada" (also one of my very favorite movies), this movie does not disappoint. Katherine Heigl's hair color was adorable and I spent most of the movie trying to envision my hair the same color as hers. I'm not sure I could pull it off. But it sure was fun thinking about it.

On Sunday afternoon, my best friend Laurie whom I've known since high school, called and asked me if I wanted to catch a movie. "Umm, yeah... how about Juno?"

Loved the movie - loved the writing - loved the actress (Ellen Page) who starred in the movie - loved the message.

I had seen and read a few things about the writer of this movie - a young (all of 29), rebellious gal, former stripper, in a dead-end job at an ad agency (oh yeah) writes a screenplay that is now an Academy award nominee. Now I'd like to buy her book - and I think it would be a fun read.

Mainly since there really isn't a darn thing on television right now that is even remotely worth watching... don't get me started.

Loved the weekend - looking forward to the next.

If we could just have weekends every day!

Labels:


  posted at 2:00 PM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

These are both movies that I am wanting to see. Unfortunately, my guys are usually at the movies with me...and they just aren't into the 27 dresses thing. Actually, the older ones have seen and loved Juno.

You know the best part? You got to go with friends. It's fun to do "girlfriend" stuff, isn't it??

Hugs,

Susan

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

two movies! You go girl!! Glad you had fun!

You've been tagged for a meme! Check it out here
http://sportsmomma.blogspot.com/2008/02/friday-fun.html

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Rach said...

okay, the pressure is on. You have my name...so now I must come out of my hiatus and blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search