Monday, February 11, 2008
Getting to Know You... or Keep Your Head Down in the Elevator
This morning, as I was standing on the elevator that was going down (to get me a hot cup of coffee in the deli), it stopped, opened up, and an older gentleman walked on, took a look at me, grimaced, and then stood in the corner.

Now that was a self-esteem booster if ever I needed one.

And I looked down at myself to see what was the matter - and I see nothin'. Just wearing the regular brown turtleneck with the denim jeans and heels today.

I searched all over for the stain, looked at my hair in the mirror - just the same-o, same-o.


What was that look all about?


Oh well, I got this in my in-box today and because I'm so terribly busy ineffective at work this morning, I decided to take part.

Play along with me if you'd like.... and let me know you did in the comments!

1. What time is it?
9:08am

2. What's your full name?
Lori Jane

3. What are you most afraid of?
Someone throwing up on an airplane right next to me… or someone throwing up at all right next to me.

4. What was the last movie that you saw in a theater?
Juno

5. Place of birth:
Kansas City, MO

6. Favorite food
:
Mexican

7. What's your natural hair color?
Don’t know really – saw it nine years ago while I was pregnant and it was getting pretty dark.


8. Ever been to Alaska??
No


9. Ever been toilet paper rolling?
Oh my yes – many times in high school.


10. Love someone so much it made you cry?
Oh my yes.


11. Been in a car accident?
Yes – more than once.


12. Croutons or bacon bits:
Croutons


13. Favorite day of the week:
Saturday


14. Favorite restaurant:

40 Sardines


15. Favorite Flower:
Tulips

16. Favorite sport to watch:
Pro Football


17. Favorite drink:
Diet Coke

18. Favorite ice cream
Brownie fudge


19. Disney or Warner Brothers:
Disney

20. Ever been on a ship?
Yes – one cruise


21. What color is your bedroom carpet?
Cream


22. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
None

23. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail
Co-worker


24. What do you do when you are bored?
Make chocolate chip cookies; surf the internet


25. Bedtime:
I get in bed at 10pm with a book – fall asleep around 11pm.

28. Who is the person that you are most curious to see their responses?
Everyone!

29. Favorite TV show:
Friday Night Lights

30. Last person you went to dinner with:
Phil and Perry

31. Who do you think will be President?
Who I want and who I think are two different answers.

Who I think will be President… B. Obama.

Who I want to be President… I have no idea…


32. What are your favorite colors?
Any colors of the fall


33. How many tattoos do you have?
None


34. How many pets do you have?
One


35. Which came first, the chicken or the egg
Chicken


36. What do you want to do before you die?
Travel to Italy.

37. Have you ever been to Hawaii
Yes


38. Have you been to countries outside the U.S.?
Just the Bahamas… before you had to have a passport to get there.



Hope your Monday morning is looking better... and may you not run into anyone today that makes a sorry-looking face at you.



Labels:


  posted at 10:36 AM
  Comments (3)


3 Comments:
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A big smile from me to you to counteract the grimace.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a great post, Lori! I can't imagine what that man was grimacing about...how frustrating.

Susan

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Visiting by way of Katrina's blog and laughing at your description of the faces people can make at us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search