Monday, February 04, 2008
Weekend Funny
So this past Saturday night, we had just finished dining on our gourmet meal take-out mexican when we received a phone call from a nice older couple informing us that they were on their way over to our house with another nice younger couple accompanying them.

"Great. I'll put a pot of coffee on and we'll see you in a few minutes."

As I ran upstairs to take my pajamas off brush my teeth, I yelled at Perry to turn off his movie.

"We've got company coming!"

We invited them in, extremely happy for someone to socialize with on a dull Saturday evening. We played and patty-caked with the darling little girl that belongs to the younger couple. Perry invited the older gentleman down to bowl with him on the Wii. The first-time bowler even won the first game. They played several games. We served coffee, played with the little girl some more, and just all around enjoyed the evening.

Soon they were out the door as it was getting past the little girl's bedtime. We hugged them goodbye, talked of seeing them again soon, and then safely closed our front door and locked in for the evening.

As I was turning around to head back to the kitchen, I heard Perry exclaim
"nice people" as he was heading up the stairs.

I laughed until I fell on the floor.

These lovely older people and the darling little girl belonging to the younger people were my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my niece Ainsley.

We see them all the time.

I had been wondering when Perry was finally going to give them his
stamp of approval.

You would have thought he was 80 years old wrapping up his thoughts on another day down.

But you're right on Perry - they are
nice people.


Ainsley says thank you!

Labels:


  posted at 3:25 PM
  Comments (8)


8 Comments:
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, I think Ainsley looks like Perry in that picture. Does she in real life? k

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger PDub said...

Hi Karla - yes she really does look like Perry - especially when he was her age. Perry's baby pictures always looked a lot like my brother's baby pictures also.

They could easily pass for brother and sister!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is so well written. Great post!

I was thinking the same as Karla--that she looks like Perry.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh I'm so happy to see a picture of Ainsley! What a cutie!

Love Perry's comment. Sounds a lot like something Camden would say. :)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

ok, that is too funny! Perry is wise beyond his years!! LOL

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I think that's so funny. Oh the things they say.

:-) Susan

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Rach said...

First, I have always thought that Perry has an "old soul". Second, Ainsley looks just like your family. Holy Smokes!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jill said...

hee-hee. Too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search