Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The Tuesday Times
1) Sunday was a day filled with complete joy for two families - mine and my sister-in-law Cindy's. Her family and friends and my family with friends all attended her baby shower and it was a fabulous time.

All the guests at the shower took dibs on whether it was a boy or girl, exactly the day he/she would be born, and how much the baby would weigh when it decided to appear.

We don't have a winning prize, but one guest stated that getting first dibs on babysitting would be a great prize.

We have it in writing - so we'll let the winner know as soon as we know.


2) Lots of friends have taken my test (see below) and I have one friend who has answered all the questions correct. She is my bestest friend - one that I have known since I was in the sixth grade. We don't get to spend a lot of time together now - but she is definitely a true blue. If you haven't tried my test - do it soon. I'm posting the answers tomorrow.

3) My good friend and co-worker Janna had a darling little baby girl last week. Her name is Reese Irene and she is a keeper. Here she is with her big sister Maya Jo. I didn't get to hold her in the hosital, so I will need to go and visit her soon. I need my baby fix.

4) A terrible tragedy happened in our neighborhood just a few days ago. A fifth-grader at my son's school took his own life. I have no other information, but I've been very upset about this. It has been hard thinking about his parents, his siblings, his family. I just don't know how I would go on. Please pray for this young boy's family this week. And hug your children even closer to you.

5) Getting ready for Spring Break - coming soon our way.

Labels:


  posted at 2:21 PM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

How absolutely tragic about the fifth grader.....that breaks my heart that a 5th grader could reach such depths of despair!!!

In my prayers!
Tonya

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Loved this update/insight into goings-on in your life.

And, like Tonya, I'm praying for that poor boy's family and for all the kids who have been and will be affected by his death. So sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search