Sunday, February 04, 2007
Big Game 2007
I'm sitting here with hubs and Perry watching the Big Game (yes, by ourselves - the only way to watch this once-a-year telecast without interruptions!) and I thought I might jot down our favorite commercials of the game... the ones that actually evoked out-loud laughter from the peanut gallery here. I think it would be cool to look back on this next year and try to see if we can remember the commercials or not... I don't think we remember any from last year.

First of all - how much more can you LOVE Billy Joel playing on his piano, singing the National Anthem so beautifully, in the rain! I've seen Billy Joel in concert and he is still my all-time favorite musical artist. He was here in the city many years ago with Elton John. It was the absolute best concert I had ever seen. There's just something about a man tickling the ivories, with the best voice to boot. Hubs and I have also seen Movin' Out in NYC, as well as the traveling version here in KC. Mr. Joel is simply unbelievable. Did I mention that he sang and played the anthem beautifully tonight in the rain?!

Favorite commercial during the First Quarter... bud light auction wedding - we've actually been to a wedding that was just about that short - not performed by an auctioneer. I always wondered why they even spent the money (on the wedding). We also snickered (oh yes, I said that!) at the Snickers kissing men commercial.

Second Quarter: Budweiser spotted dog commercial... sweet and funny. We also loved the Doritos cashier commercial. We heard that this commercial was actually created by a real-live consumer and not an advertising exec... love it even more for that.

Half-Time: "Perry - run upstairs and get your pajamas on quickly."

Here he is after he changes into his pajamas... the Manning jersey on over the pajamas. Yes, he IS just like his Daddy.

Third Quarter: There weren't any stand-out commercials to me in this quarter. We liked the Fed-x commercial, but only after we looked at it again the second time.

Fourth Quarter: The NFL commercial - looking back on the season.

Tony Dungy professed after the game that not only is he and Coach Smith the first African American coaches to be in the big game, but also being Christians, they really feel as if the Lord placed them right where He wanted them to be.
I knew it! Jesus really is interested in football!

I turned to Perry and told him he could and should continue to pray for Chiefs wins (after Phil told him that God really didn't care too much about football when he would pray for each game on a football Sunday). Let's keep on praying!
Only 160 more days until football season!

  posted at 10:45 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Rach said...

What? Not a mention about PRINCE? You have got to be kidding me. I LOVE HIM! Bet you didn't know that about me, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search