Wednesday, February 07, 2007
The Perfect Combination
Here at the ad agency where I tend to catch up on blogs work very hard, birthdays are celebrated with food - nothing else - just food. They place all the goodies on a table right in front of their office and everyone stops by, wishes the birthday recipient a good day and then digs in. The majority of the time, co-workers will bring the ol' standy-by... krispy kremes, rice crispy treats, or chips and salsa. All of them easy to grab on your way to work. Depending on the person, or the age of the birthday being celebrated, one of us may go all out and bake some warm brownies and cookies, or mix up a batch of corn dip or even a seven layer bean thingy.

The creating of blue ribbon recipes only coincides with brown-nosing or kissing of tushes... you should see the spread for the owner of the company. My boss' birthday coincidentally turns up right before yearly review. And my prized secret tollhouse chocolate chip cookies also seem to show up on his birthday - and only for his birthday. I know they are his favorite - and he always gets them.

But today, these showed up at a birthday extravaganza...

They were a delight to my taste buds. The combination of sweet (the granola clusters) and the salty (chex) just made my day. I started with a handful, and then grabbed another handful, and then ran quickly to the office kitchen to grab a syrofoam coffee cup and snarf up even more at my desk. I personally wanted to devour the entire bag.

What didn't occur to me was that I should be counting the points on this... mmm yeah, um kinda forgot.

But I was told that points didn't have to be counted if you were standing at the table munching.

Gotta run - gotta get back to that birthday table.

Labels:


  posted at 11:50 AM
  Comments (2)


2 Comments:
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Well, I have to say that after 2.5 days of counting calories, if someone put some of that Chex Mix in front of me (or cake... or cookies... or Cheez-Its), I'd be wanting to devour them! But you're right -- no points since you were standing. :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Rach said...

I miss the birthday tables! Is that going to be your treat for Saturday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Lori

Location: Missouri

I'm a 40-something gal living life in my comfort zone. I'm a wife to Phil and a mother to our 9-year old son, Perry.

Recent Posts

More Than You Need to Know About Me

Friends in Real Life

Books I Read in 2007

Books I'm Reading in 2008

TV Shows I Love To Watch

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:

Miscellaneous

Search